Senior Software Engineer
Pico aims to make the internet a more vibrant place by empowering creators to turn their ideas into businesses. Our platform gives them the tools they need to grow, manage, and sell directly to their audiences using no-code solutions. We’re pushing into an exciting new chapter of growth and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, mission-driven team. As a member of our Engineering team, you should be hungry to deliver great products, comfortable with wearing multiple hats, willing to get your hands dirty with both the backend and frontend, and excited to work collaboratively with other members of both the engineering and business teams.
We believe coming up with the best solutions requires not only intelligence and empathy, but also the patience to explore, experiment, and even get things wrong every now and then. We also believe product experiences are better when they're designed and engineered by a team of people with diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from people of all stripes, regardless of your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or whether or not you have a disability.
- Implement major product features end-to-end
- Participate in the product design process to craft great experiences for our users and partners
- Leave the code in a better condition than it was the day before, every day
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Communicate and work with our distributed development team to deliver features with quality and efficiencyAssist with application deployments in our cloud environment
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of HTTP and RESTful API services
- RDBS and NoSQL experience, particularly MariaDB and MongoDB
- Experience with Docker or other virtualization technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Experience with test-driven development or behavior-driven development
- Experience articulating complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
Experience with any of the following:
- AWS or other IAAS platforms
- CircleCI or similar CI/CD product
Why you should join us:
It's a rare opportunity to work on something you love, to have the power to improve the world around you, and to get rewarded for doing it. If protecting the press and elevating the standards of public discourse sound like interesting challenges to you, and if you’re in search of a startup that has de-risked upside and strong validation among the investor community, then working at Pico is that rare opportunity.
As an early employee, you have the chance to not just build an amazing platform, but to also help cultivate a company culture that reflects the type of community of which you want to be a part. Trust, mutual respect, and passion already run deep in our young company's DNA. Jason and Nick became friends in elementary school and started Pico several years after graduating from Stanford together. You'll fit right in if, like us, you're curious about the world, anxious to fix what's broken around you, and thoughtful about how you do it.
There's a lot of exciting work to be done to fulfill the vision and potential of Pico. Join our journey, and let's get there together.