Head of Marketing
New York or Remote
At Pico, we’re building the business platform for creators. And as we enter an exciting new chapter of growth, we’re looking for a Head of Marketing to join our fast-paced, mission-driven team to drive awareness of Pico among the creator community, build and execute our integrated marketing strategy, and grow a talented team.
We believe coming up with the best solutions requires not only intelligence and empathy but also the patience to explore, experiment, and even get things wrong every now and then. We also believe product experiences are better when they're designed and engineered by a team of people with diverse backgrounds. We encourage applications from people of all stripes, regardless of your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or whether or not you have a disability.
Lead Pico's marketing organization:
- Reporting directly to our CEO, you will join our executive team and be responsible for building, executing, optimizing, and overseeing all marketing programs and initiatives.
- Build and manage a high-performing, world-class marketing team.
- Oversee all creator product and brand marketing campaigns, including the development of our marketing calendar and managing the integrated marketing budget.
- Ensure ROI of marketing efforts by partnering with the team to evaluate performance.
Champion our creator audience:
- Be an expert on the creator mindset and creator economy. Always be a champion for the creator audience and be able to articulate and evolve the narrative.
- Masterfully articulate the capabilities of Pico’s products and services to our target audiences.
- Develop new ideas and tests to grow engagement and build trust with our customers and partners.
Own internal and external cross-functional relationships:
- Communicate and facilitate initiatives with key stakeholders to drive success for Pico’s vision through all marketing channels.
- Partner with external agencies, vendors, consultants, and advisors.
- Develop and oversee the strategy for partnering with high-profile creators and celebrities.
- Collaborate internally with our Creator Success, Product, and Operations teams to tackle impactful projects.
- Partner closely with Product to identify and prioritize features for our go-to-market strategy and to develop in-product messaging and engagement and retention strategies.
9+ years experience in consumer / integrated marketing including building best-in-class marketing campaigns, managing individual contributors, and delivering measurable results
Experience building, maintaining, and growing audiences, ideally including Creators, and leveraging data-driven insights to improve our marketing to these target audiences
Experience communicating, collaborating, and driving alignment in a highly cross-functional environment with teams and stakeholders such as product, customer success, and executive leadership.
Experience balancing IC people management with individual contributions based on the needs and priorities of the business, from leading and influencing strategy to ensuring execution of programs and results.
Experience with product marketing or with bringing new products to market.
Experience partnering with high-profile people, including creators and celebrities, for marketing purposes.
Experience taking on a growth mindset and constantly improving at everything you take on, including utilizing critical feedback as a mechanism to help you improve and the curiosity to experiment, even when it may result in failure.
Experience working in environments that have deeply vague and undefined problems while maintaining a strong sense of urgency and working with velocity.
Why you should join us:
It's a rare opportunity to work on something you love, to have the power to improve the world around you, and to get rewarded for doing it. If making the internet a more vibrant community sounds like an interesting challenge to you, and if you’re in search of a startup that has de-risked upside and strong validation among the investor community, then working at Pico is that rare opportunity.
As an early employee, you have the chance to not just build an amazing platform, but to also help cultivate a company culture that reflects the type of community of which you want to be a part. Trust, mutual respect, and passion already run deep in our young company's DNA. Jason and Nick became friends in elementary school and started Pico several years after graduating from Stanford together. You'll fit right in if, like us, you're curious about the world, anxious to fix what's broken around you, and thoughtful about how you do it.
There's a lot of exciting work to be done to fulfill the vision and potential of Pico. Join our journey, and let's get there together.